Obligation to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or vaccination
Since 1 July 2021 Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish citizens can enter Sweden without negative test proof. All other EU citizens can enter Sweden without a negative test, as long as they provide proof of vaccination or recovery. The new "EU Digital COVID Certificate" can be used as proof of test, vaccination and recovery. All other travelers must continue to provide proof of testing.
Please note that the negative test must not be older than 72 hours for EU citizens and 48 hours for non-EU citizens at the time of entry into Sweden. Please consider accordingly the travel duration of the booked crossing and the arrival time at the port of destination.
The test must be performed by an authorized laboratory. PCR, LAMP and antigen tests are accepted.
+++ Currently, several providers offer the possibility to perform a COVID-19-Test online. Read more +++
The following information must appear on the certificate in order for it to be valid:
- Name of the person who has been tested
- When the test was performed
- Whether the test performed is an antigen, PCR or LAMP test
- The test result
- Issuer of the certificate
The information must be clearly stated in Swedish, English, Norwegian, Danish or French.
The test is already required for check-in.
You do not need to provide proof in the following cases:
- if you are under 18 years old
- if you are a Swedish citizen - a valid passport is mandatory,
- if you are a resident in Sweden - certified with copy from the population register.
More information is available at:
Obligation to provide proof and registration of entry
From 1 August 2021, all persons who have reached the age of 12 must carry one of the following documents with them when entering Germany:
- proof of vaccination (approved vaccine according to Robert-Koch-Institut, 14 days must have passed since the second vaccination),
- proof of recovery or
- negative Covid-19 test (max. 48 hours old for entry into Germany, max. 72 hours for PCR test). Approved languages are German, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
In the following exceptional cases, you do not have to provide proof:
Testing opportunities in Sweden:
- if you are a cross-border commuter, or
- if you are entering the Federal Republic of Germany for work-related reasons in order to transport persons, goods or merchandise across borders by road, rail, ship or air.
In addition, you have the possibility, e.g. via the provider covidtestONLINE.de, to perform an online certification of your self-conducted rapid test.